Apply for a Property to Let
When you have selected and viewed the property you wish to rent in Telford, Ironbridge, Bridgnorth, Ludlow, Cleobury Mortimer, Newport, or Kidderminster, there is an easy, 3-step process as shown below.
When you have selected and viewed the property you wish to rent, there is an easy, 3-step process as shown below.
- Submit ID documents – to your local branch in Telford, Ironbridge, Newport, Bridgnorth, Ludlow or Kidderminster
- Email our Lettings Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org who will contact you to ascertain further information and obtain further instructions from the landlord.
- Following landlord approval you will be sent a link to complete and submit your full application and pay your holding deposit, equivalent to one week's rent. PLEASE NOTE under normal circumstances a property can only be 'held' for a maximum of 15 days from the day it becomes available or from the day the application is made, unless agreed otherwise by the Landlord.
For our full Schedule of fees, click on the following link: Tenant fees Assured Shorthold Tenancies
NOTE: one form must be submitted for every adult who will be living at the property.
When the application forms are submitted you will then be asked for a holding deposit, equivalent to one week's rent. PLEASE NOTE under normal circumstances a property can only be 'held' for a maximum of 15 days from the day it becomes available or from the day the application is made, unless agreed otherwise by the Landlord. Permitted Payments.
The Tenant Fees Act 2019 prevents landlords and their agents from requiring tenants to make any payment as a condition of granting, renewing or continuing a tenancy apart from:
- Rent - As advertised and/or agreed with landlord/agent
- A capped refundable Tenancy Deposit - Equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent
- A capped refundable Holding Deposit - Equivalent to 1 week’s rent
- Payments in the event of a default – Dependant on the default
- Payment on variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy - £50.00 inc VAT (providing Landlord’s consent is given)
- Payment on termination (surrender) of a tenancy - Providing Landlord’s consent is given. Rent in full until new tenancy commences, plus Agent’s re-letting fee of £600 including VAT.
- Payments in respect of Council Tax - Subject to Local Authority charges relating to the property
- Payments for utilities (electricity, gas or other fuel, water or sewage) - Subject to supplier’s charges
- Payments for a television licence - Subject to supplier’s charges
- Communication services (telephone other than a mobile telephone; the internet; cable television, satellite television) - Subject to supplier’s charges
- Green Deal charge - Subject to supplier’s charges
The Property Ombudsman
We are a member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO). Copies of the Code of Practice and the Consumer Guide are available from https://www.tpos.co.uk/.
Nock Deighton (1831) Limited hold client's money for the purposes of letting and managing property.
Our Client's Money is held in a designated Client Money Account.
We will adhere to all legislation regarding Client Money and the regulations imposed in accordance with the Propertymark Client Money Protection Scheme.
- All Client Money is protected.
- Any money Clients entrust to the firm is held in a Client Account, separate to the firm's own money.
- Our Client Account is a bank or building society account that has the word 'client' in its title and contains only money that belongs to clients of the firm.
- The firm confirms the details of the account with Clients in which their money is held.
- Client's Money can only be used for the purposes which have been agreed with the firm through our Terms of Business.
All further information can be found within our Client Money Policy and Procedures document.
When satisfactory references have been received and the Landlord has approved your application, you will be asked to confirm the date you would like your tenancy to begin. Tenancy agreements will then be drawn up and sent to you by post.
ADVANCE PAYMENT - Before a tenancy begins, tenants will be required to pay one month's rent in advance, plus a breakages/damages deposit to be retained by the Landlord/Agent equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent. Please check separate procedure if paying six months in advance. Under current legislation ALL deposits should be registered with a registered Deposit Scheme and you should refer to your tenancy agreement for full information.
If you have a pet (dog/cat/hamster/lion etc) you should check if the Landlord will consider pets prior to arranging to view a property.
CLEARED FUNDS for your initial rent payment and deposit must be transferred to our Client Account at least 24 hours before the tenancy start date.
On the first day of your tenancy you will be asked to attend one of our offices to complete the handover.
If you have any queries regarding your application or our application process, our specialist Lettings Team are available to help between 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday on 0800 0612805