Either download and complete our standard application form or pop into one of our offices, or we can send an application form in the post. Completed forms should be sent or emailed to the relevant branch where the property is being marketed -
Bridgnorth branch: Nock Deighton, Old Smithfield, 34-35 Whitburn Street, Bridgnorth, WV16 4QN
Telford, Ironbridge & Newport: Nock Deighton, 7 Pearson Road, Central Park, Telford, TF2 9TX
Kidderminster & Cleobury Mortimer: Nock Deighton, James Preston House, Waterloo Street, Kidderminster, DY11 7FQ
Ludlow & Leominster: Nock Deighton, 12 Bullring, Ludlow, SY8 1AD
NOTE: one form must be submitted for every adult who will be living at the property.
When the application forms are submitted you will then be asked for a holding deposit, equivalent to one week's rent. PLEASE NOTE under normal circumstances a property can only be 'held' for a maximum of 15 days from the day it becomes available or from the day the application is made, unless agreed otherwise by the Landlord. Permitted Payments.
The Tenant Fees Act 2019 prevents landlords and their agents from requiring tenants to make any payment as a condition of granting, renewing or continuing a tenancy apart from:
- Rent - As advertised and/or agreed with landlord/agent
- A capped refundable Tenancy Deposit - Equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent
- A capped refundable Holding Deposit - Equivalent to 1 week’s rent
- Payments in the event of a default – Dependant on the default
- Payment on variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy - £50.00 inc VAT (providing Landlord’s consent is given)
- Payment on termination (surrender) of a tenancy - Providing Landlord’s consent is given. Rent in full until new tenancy commences, plus Agent’s re-letting fee equivalent to half of one month’s rent, subject to minimum fee of £360.00 inc VAT)
- Payments in respect of Council Tax - Subject to Local Authority charges relating to the property
- Payments for utilities (electricity, gas or other fuel, water or sewage) - Subject to supplier’s charges
- Payments for a television licence - Subject to supplier’s charges
- Communication services (telephone other than a mobile telephone; the internet; cable television, satellite television) - Subject to supplier’s charges
- Green Deal charge - Subject to supplier’s charges
The Property Ombudsman
We are a member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO). Copies of the Code of Practice and the Consumer Guide are available from https://www.tpos.co.uk/.
Nock Deighton (1831) Limited will adhere to all legislation regarding Client Money and the regulations imposed in accordance with the RICS Client Money Protection Scheme.
When satisfactory references have been received and the Landlord has approved your application, you will be asked to confirm the date you would like your tenancy to begin. Tenancy agreements will then be drawn up and sent to you by post.
ADVANCE PAYMENT - Before a tenancy begins, tenants will be required to pay one month's rent in advance, plus a breakages/damages deposit to be retained by the Landlord/Agent equivalent to 5 weeks’ rent. Please check separate procedure if paying six months in advance. Under current legislation ALL deposits should be registered with a registered Deposit Scheme and you should refer to your tenancy agreement for full information.
If you have a pet (dog/cat/hamster/lion etc) you should check if the Landlord will consider pets prior to arranging to view a property.
CLEARED FUNDS for your initial rent payment and deposit must be transferred to our Client Account at least 24 hours before the tenancy start date.
On the first day of your tenancy you will be asked to attend one of our offices to complete the handover. If you have any queries regarding your application or our application process, our specialist Lettings Team are available to help between 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, and 9.00am to 1.00pm Saturdays, just contact your local branch –
Telford, Ironbridge & Newport 01952 290163
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridgnorth 01746 766998
or email email@example.com
Ludlow 01584 875555
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kidderminster 01562 745082
or email email@example.com