There is a popular myth out there that Christmas is a bad time of year to sell your house.
The figures for how many people are searching on internet portals like Rightmove skyrocket over the Christmas period - and the number of viewings often spikes too.
Yet a lot of people discount this time of year for putting their house on the market.
True, if you are not seriously thinking about moving anyway, then property will be the last thing on your mind, but on the other hand, there are still plenty of people who either have their house on the market or are already ready to go.
And for those serious buyers, the “magic” of Christmas can be used very much to your advantage, as Nock Deighton’s sales director, Michael Nettleton, explains…
“Rather than avoiding Christmas, it’s a great time to really tug at the heartstrings of your potential buyers.
“If you can make your house look like the perfect place to spend what for many people is the most important family time of the year, you will be onto a winner.
“Here are some tips for how to stage your home perfectly for those festive viewings.”
- If you have an open fire or wood burning stove, make sure it is lit and giving off a lovely cosy glow.
- Light Christmas-scented candles to give that festive ambience.
- Invest in a real Christmas tree and make it look stunning.
- Put a good quality wreath on your front door - first impressions are everything.
- Bake some mince pies and have them cooling on the kitchen table.
For more tips on how to sell your home, give the Nock Deighton sales team a call on 01952 292300.